Ashton Kutcher Files for Divorce From Demi Moore a Year After Their Split
Ashton Kutcher officially submits a legal request for dissolution of marriage, more than a year after his estranged wife Demi Moore announced their separation. He filed for divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, December 21 under the name of Christopher A. Kutcher.
The "Two and a Half Men" actor, who is currently romancing his former "That '70s Show" co-star Mila Kunis, is citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for their split. Date of the separation is to be determined and property rights of each are to be worked out later.
Ashton hires A-list celeb divorce attorney Laura Wasser to represent him. The 34-year-old actor, who's hailed the 2012 highest-paid TV actor with an estimated income of $24 million, isn't asking spousal support from Demi and requests that each party pay their own legal fees.
Demi, 50, called it quits with Ashton in November 2011 after six years of marriage. According to TMZ, the former "Punk'd" host waited for his ex to file for divorce first. When there's no sign that the mother of three would do such thing, he decided to make the move.
"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Demi said when announcing their split. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
Ashton, who was rumored cheating on her back then, chimed in his own statement posted on Twitter. "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and light, AK," he wrote.
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand