Ashton Kutcher Files for Divorce From Demi Moore a Year After Their Split
Ashton Kutcher officially submits a legal request for dissolution of marriage, more than a year after his estranged wife Demi Moore announced their separation. He filed for divorce in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, December 21 under the name of Christopher A. Kutcher.
The "Two and a Half Men" actor, who is currently romancing his former "That '70s Show" co-star Mila Kunis, is citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for their split. Date of the separation is to be determined and property rights of each are to be worked out later.
Ashton hires A-list celeb divorce attorney Laura Wasser to represent him. The 34-year-old actor, who's hailed the 2012 highest-paid TV actor with an estimated income of $24 million, isn't asking spousal support from Demi and requests that each party pay their own legal fees.
Demi, 50, called it quits with Ashton in November 2011 after six years of marriage. According to TMZ, the former "Punk'd" host waited for his ex to file for divorce first. When there's no sign that the mother of three would do such thing, he decided to make the move.
"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Demi said when announcing their split. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."
Ashton, who was rumored cheating on her back then, chimed in his own statement posted on Twitter. "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail. Love and light, AK," he wrote.
More Ashton Kutcher News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child