'The Walking Dead' Gets Season 4, Loses Showrunner
"The Walking Dead" has just been given a four season order. AMC announces that they have renewed the zombie apocalypse drama for another season but reveals that season 2 and 3 showrunner Glen Mazzara will not be back in his post.
"Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer ...AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success," AMC said in a statement.
Mazzara reportedly stepped down because he was unhappy with AMC's way of not giving the show early pick up despite the obviously good ratings. He had seen previous showrunner Frank Darabont leaving the show after only one season. Darabont did not give reason of departure but once complained of the long hours writing for the show.
Mazzara stated his reason, "My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season three, it's time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn't get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey."
It is yet known who will replace Mazzara but executive producers Robert Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd are confident that the show will do just fine with "one of the most talented and dedicated casts and crews in the business."
"The Walking Dead" returns February 10 for the second half of season 3.
More The Walking Dead News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?