Carly Rose Sonenclar's Family Pissed at LeAnn Rimes' Comment
LeAnn Rimes has angered Carly Rose Sonenclar's family for throwing the "The X Factor (US)" contestant under the bus. The 13-year-old's mother could not believe that Rimes said Sonenclar was "nervous and had trouble hitting the right notes" when they sang a duet of "How Do I Live".
Rimes' performance on Tuesday, December 18 night was panned by Twitter users who claimed she looked drunk. The singer's representative then told TMZ that the duet was awkward because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."
However, Rimes later denied that she gave such quote while TMZ insisted that her rep "specifically gave us the quote and told us we could use it". Rimes wrote on Twitter, "In my 18 years of performing, I have never been anything but professional onstage. It is a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly, a very talented young girl."
She continued, "And while I have not given any media outlet a quote, if you want one, here it is 'It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I'll be watching for her to win tonight'." The gossip site is now accusing someone in Rimes' camp as lying.
Tate Stevens went on winning the competition show's second season, sending Sonenclar to the runner-up position.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March