Carly Rose Sonenclar's Family Pissed at LeAnn Rimes' Comment
LeAnn Rimes has angered Carly Rose Sonenclar's family for throwing the "The X Factor (US)" contestant under the bus. The 13-year-old's mother could not believe that Rimes said Sonenclar was "nervous and had trouble hitting the right notes" when they sang a duet of "How Do I Live".
Rimes' performance on Tuesday, December 18 night was panned by Twitter users who claimed she looked drunk. The singer's representative then told TMZ that the duet was awkward because "I was trying to help this 13-year-old girl who was having some trouble with the song."
However, Rimes later denied that she gave such quote while TMZ insisted that her rep "specifically gave us the quote and told us we could use it". Rimes wrote on Twitter, "In my 18 years of performing, I have never been anything but professional onstage. It is a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly, a very talented young girl."
She continued, "And while I have not given any media outlet a quote, if you want one, here it is 'It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I'll be watching for her to win tonight'." The gossip site is now accusing someone in Rimes' camp as lying.
Tate Stevens went on winning the competition show's second season, sending Sonenclar to the runner-up position.
More LeAnn Rimes News
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors