Madonna Berates Cigarette-Smoking Fans in Chile
Controversial pop icon Madonna was in Santiago City's Estadio Nacional on Wednesday, December 19, doing a soundcheck for the Chile spot of her top-grossing "MDNA" concert tour. At the time, the 54-year-old singer told off a small crowd of fans who were smoking cigarettes, threatening to cancel her concert if they did not stop smoking while in her presence.
Madonna cussed at the cigarette-smoking fans in the middle of her "Human Nature" performance. "There are people smoking right now," the singer noticed. "No smoking. If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show. You don't care about me, I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke."
That was not the first time the Material Girl had addressed the crowd in her concert tour. Just last November, she had expressed support for the victims of hurricane Sandy by baring her bum onstage and yelling to the crowd "get over my naked ass and give me some money." In the Miami leg of her tour, she annoyed fans by making them wait for three hours before she starting her performance.
Madonna's "MDNA" tour has beend ranked as the no. 1 concert tour of 2012. With seventy more shows still being lined-up and potentially $450 million in total earnings, the tour may end up as the all-time highest-grossing live act.
More Madonna News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'