Madonna Berates Cigarette-Smoking Fans in Chile
Controversial pop icon Madonna was in Santiago City's Estadio Nacional on Wednesday, December 19, doing a soundcheck for the Chile spot of her top-grossing "MDNA" concert tour. At the time, the 54-year-old singer told off a small crowd of fans who were smoking cigarettes, threatening to cancel her concert if they did not stop smoking while in her presence.
Madonna cussed at the cigarette-smoking fans in the middle of her "Human Nature" performance. "There are people smoking right now," the singer noticed. "No smoking. If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show. You don't care about me, I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke."
That was not the first time the Material Girl had addressed the crowd in her concert tour. Just last November, she had expressed support for the victims of hurricane Sandy by baring her bum onstage and yelling to the crowd "get over my naked ass and give me some money." In the Miami leg of her tour, she annoyed fans by making them wait for three hours before she starting her performance.
Madonna's "MDNA" tour has beend ranked as the no. 1 concert tour of 2012. With seventy more shows still being lined-up and potentially $450 million in total earnings, the tour may end up as the all-time highest-grossing live act.
More Madonna News
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date