Report: Jack Reynor Offered to Lead 'Transformers 4'
Shortly after Michael Bay denied Brenton Thwaites and Nicola Peltz were cast as the new leads for "Transformers 4", it is now rumored that an Jack Reynor has been offered the coveted lead role by Bay. Sharing the words was IFTN, which stated that Bay was impressed by the young actor's performance in Irish film "What Richard Did".
Rumor has it, the "Armageddon" helmer had also tested four other young stars for the coveted part. They were Thwaites, Luke Grimes ("Brothers & Sisters"), Landon Liboiron ("Terra Nova"), and Hunter Parrish ("Weeds"). It said that Bay wants Paramount Pictures to agree with his casting decision and he will announce the casting news in the coming days.
As previously rumored, the new male lead is expected to be a racer who is also the boyfriend of the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character. Reynor is said to be the frontrunner for the part, replacing Shia LaBeouf as the new lead for the autobot war film franchise. Should he really seal the deal, this would mark Reynor's second lead role after "The Delivery Man".
20-year-old Reynor reached his international popularity after starring in "Dollhouse" and "What Richard Did". He has just been nominated for Young British & Irish Performer of the Year in the London Film Critics' Circle, which will announce its winners on January 20, 2013.
Futher details of "Transformers 4" are still kept secret, but the movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on June 26, 2014.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival