Report: Jack Reynor Offered to Lead 'Transformers 4'
Shortly after Michael Bay denied Brenton Thwaites and Nicola Peltz were cast as the new leads for "Transformers 4", it is now rumored that an Jack Reynor has been offered the coveted lead role by Bay. Sharing the words was IFTN, which stated that Bay was impressed by the young actor's performance in Irish film "What Richard Did".
Rumor has it, the "Armageddon" helmer had also tested four other young stars for the coveted part. They were Thwaites, Luke Grimes ("Brothers & Sisters"), Landon Liboiron ("Terra Nova"), and Hunter Parrish ("Weeds"). It said that Bay wants Paramount Pictures to agree with his casting decision and he will announce the casting news in the coming days.
As previously rumored, the new male lead is expected to be a racer who is also the boyfriend of the daughter of Mark Wahlberg's character. Reynor is said to be the frontrunner for the part, replacing Shia LaBeouf as the new lead for the autobot war film franchise. Should he really seal the deal, this would mark Reynor's second lead role after "The Delivery Man".
20-year-old Reynor reached his international popularity after starring in "Dollhouse" and "What Richard Did". He has just been nominated for Young British & Irish Performer of the Year in the London Film Critics' Circle, which will announce its winners on January 20, 2013.
Futher details of "Transformers 4" are still kept secret, but the movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on June 26, 2014.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram