Green Day Demonstrate How a Cassette Tape Works in New Video 'X-Kid'
Green Day have released a puzzling clip for their new single "X-Kid" taken from the third trilogy set "Tre!". The video, which was basically a full demonstration of how a cassette tape works, was entirely made up of a single close-up shot of the said music medium of the past. There was no other movement in the clip, other than at the end when the cassette tape rewinds.
"X-Kid" is one of the stronger tracks in the trilogy collection "Uno!", "Dos!" and "Tre!". It starts off with the band's signature punk guitar riffs and slow-paced strumming. It then quickly picks up towards the catchy hook as lead vocalist Billie Joe Armstrong blurts out the nostalgic lyrics, "And you were such a young soul/And you got lost and out of control/You went over the edge of joking/And I have a broken heart/Hey, little kid/Did you wake up late one day and/You're not so young, but you're still dumb/You're an X-Kid and you never even got started again."
"Tre!" hit the stores last December 11, and completed the band's trilogy album release. As an additional treat for their fans, the trio also made a documentary titled, "Quatro!", which featured behind-the-scenes footage of the creative process that resulted in the trilogy and other live clips from their shows across the U.S. It was aired both on VH1 and MTV.
Green Day's "X-Kid" Music Video
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern