The Killers to Headline Isle of Wight Festival 2013
The Killers are the third act that will play onstage at the annual Isle if Wight Festival in England on June 15. They join fellow headliners, American hard-rock band Bon Jovi and English alternative rock band The Stone Roses, as previously announced by the show's promoter.
"We are proud to bring one of the world's greatest rock bands of the last decade to our small island off the South Coast of England," said festival promoter John Giddings, "it will be a weekend to remember!" The musical event, which takes place at Seaclose Park from June 13 to 16, will feature The Maccabees, Jake Bugg, Bloc Party, Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding and Blondie.
The Killers have sold over 16 million albums worldwide, selling 6 million albums in the U.S. and over 5 million records in the U.K. Their band name was derived from the logo on the bass drum of a fictitious band portrayed in the music video of New Order's song, "Crystal".
The band have so far released four studio albums in their musical career and have won four NME awards. They have also been nominated for seven Grammy awards and have won a Brit Award for Best International Band.
The Isle of Wight Festival's 1970 event was the largest ever in attendance, prompting the Parliament to pass the "Isle of Wigth Act" that prevents gatherings of more than 5,000 people without first getting a special license.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer