The Killers to Headline Isle of Wight Festival 2013
The Killers are the third act that will play onstage at the annual Isle if Wight Festival in England on June 15. They join fellow headliners, American hard-rock band Bon Jovi and English alternative rock band The Stone Roses, as previously announced by the show's promoter.
"We are proud to bring one of the world's greatest rock bands of the last decade to our small island off the South Coast of England," said festival promoter John Giddings, "it will be a weekend to remember!" The musical event, which takes place at Seaclose Park from June 13 to 16, will feature The Maccabees, Jake Bugg, Bloc Party, Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding and Blondie.
The Killers have sold over 16 million albums worldwide, selling 6 million albums in the U.S. and over 5 million records in the U.K. Their band name was derived from the logo on the bass drum of a fictitious band portrayed in the music video of New Order's song, "Crystal".
The band have so far released four studio albums in their musical career and have won four NME awards. They have also been nominated for seven Grammy awards and have won a Brit Award for Best International Band.
The Isle of Wight Festival's 1970 event was the largest ever in attendance, prompting the Parliament to pass the "Isle of Wigth Act" that prevents gatherings of more than 5,000 people without first getting a special license.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media