The Killers to Headline Isle of Wight Festival 2013
The Killers are the third act that will play onstage at the annual Isle if Wight Festival in England on June 15. They join fellow headliners, American hard-rock band Bon Jovi and English alternative rock band The Stone Roses, as previously announced by the show's promoter.
"We are proud to bring one of the world's greatest rock bands of the last decade to our small island off the South Coast of England," said festival promoter John Giddings, "it will be a weekend to remember!" The musical event, which takes place at Seaclose Park from June 13 to 16, will feature The Maccabees, Jake Bugg, Bloc Party, Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding and Blondie.
The Killers have sold over 16 million albums worldwide, selling 6 million albums in the U.S. and over 5 million records in the U.K. Their band name was derived from the logo on the bass drum of a fictitious band portrayed in the music video of New Order's song, "Crystal".
The band have so far released four studio albums in their musical career and have won four NME awards. They have also been nominated for seven Grammy awards and have won a Brit Award for Best International Band.
The Isle of Wight Festival's 1970 event was the largest ever in attendance, prompting the Parliament to pass the "Isle of Wigth Act" that prevents gatherings of more than 5,000 people without first getting a special license.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist