Rebel Wilson Snatches Hosting Gig at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
It's official, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards has found its host. On Thursday, December 20, the network announced that it was comedienne Rebel Wilson who would take the center of the stage for next year's edition of the star-studded awards event.
The "Pitch Perfect" actress, who will next seen starring opposite Chris Colfer in "Struck by Lightning", will host the big show to be held at the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, California on April 14. The event will be broadcast live on MTV at 9 P.M. ET/PT.
Wilson made her breakout in the big screen industry when she appeared as the sister of Kristen Wiig's roommate in 2011's hit comedy "Bridesmaids". She then appeared in a number of popular comedies such as "Bachelorette" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Apart from "Lightning", the blond actress will also be seen in Michael Bay's "Pain and Gain".
For the past few years, the film kudofest has always taken place in mid year and often serves as an event to promote various upcoming big releases. This year, MTV Movie awards was held on June 3 with Russell Brand serving as the host.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'