Rebel Wilson Snatches Hosting Gig at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
It's official, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards has found its host. On Thursday, December 20, the network announced that it was comedienne Rebel Wilson who would take the center of the stage for next year's edition of the star-studded awards event.
The "Pitch Perfect" actress, who will next seen starring opposite Chris Colfer in "Struck by Lightning", will host the big show to be held at the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, California on April 14. The event will be broadcast live on MTV at 9 P.M. ET/PT.
Wilson made her breakout in the big screen industry when she appeared as the sister of Kristen Wiig's roommate in 2011's hit comedy "Bridesmaids". She then appeared in a number of popular comedies such as "Bachelorette" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Apart from "Lightning", the blond actress will also be seen in Michael Bay's "Pain and Gain".
For the past few years, the film kudofest has always taken place in mid year and often serves as an event to promote various upcoming big releases. This year, MTV Movie awards was held on June 3 with Russell Brand serving as the host.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'