Rebel Wilson Snatches Hosting Gig at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
It's official, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards has found its host. On Thursday, December 20, the network announced that it was comedienne Rebel Wilson who would take the center of the stage for next year's edition of the star-studded awards event.
The "Pitch Perfect" actress, who will next seen starring opposite Chris Colfer in "Struck by Lightning", will host the big show to be held at the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, California on April 14. The event will be broadcast live on MTV at 9 P.M. ET/PT.
Wilson made her breakout in the big screen industry when she appeared as the sister of Kristen Wiig's roommate in 2011's hit comedy "Bridesmaids". She then appeared in a number of popular comedies such as "Bachelorette" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Apart from "Lightning", the blond actress will also be seen in Michael Bay's "Pain and Gain".
For the past few years, the film kudofest has always taken place in mid year and often serves as an event to promote various upcoming big releases. This year, MTV Movie awards was held on June 3 with Russell Brand serving as the host.
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her