Rebel Wilson Snatches Hosting Gig at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
It's official, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards has found its host. On Thursday, December 20, the network announced that it was comedienne Rebel Wilson who would take the center of the stage for next year's edition of the star-studded awards event.
The "Pitch Perfect" actress, who will next seen starring opposite Chris Colfer in "Struck by Lightning", will host the big show to be held at the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, California on April 14. The event will be broadcast live on MTV at 9 P.M. ET/PT.
Wilson made her breakout in the big screen industry when she appeared as the sister of Kristen Wiig's roommate in 2011's hit comedy "Bridesmaids". She then appeared in a number of popular comedies such as "Bachelorette" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Apart from "Lightning", the blond actress will also be seen in Michael Bay's "Pain and Gain".
For the past few years, the film kudofest has always taken place in mid year and often serves as an event to promote various upcoming big releases. This year, MTV Movie awards was held on June 3 with Russell Brand serving as the host.
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli