Tom Hiddleston Hints Loki Might Not Return in 'Avengers 2'
"The Avengers 2" is still more than two years away from hitting theaters Stateside, but speculations on who will return to the cast ensemble have already swirled wildly. Weighing in on the subject, Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in "The Avengers", hinted that he might not reprise his role as the supervillain in the second Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie.
The British thesp told MSN, "I don't know, and that really is the honest answer." He went on, "I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea, I haven't spoken to Joss [Whedon]."
"He's definitely doing it. So I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy," Hiddleston stated. "Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again."
While Hiddleston was not sure of his fate in the next Avengers film, Samuel L. Jackson would definitely return as Nick Fury. However, when asked if Fury would also appear in "Guardians of the Galaxy", the actor claimed, "No, Cap 2. then nothing until The Avengers 2." He shared to Movies.com as highlighted by Coming Soon, "But that's in 2014. Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie."
Joss Whedon will return to direct "Avengers 2", which is slated for a May 1, 2015 release Stateside. Meanwhile, "Guardians" will be helmed by James Gunn and is slated for an August 1, 2014 release nationwide.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018