Tom Hiddleston Hints Loki Might Not Return in 'Avengers 2'
"The Avengers 2" is still more than two years away from hitting theaters Stateside, but speculations on who will return to the cast ensemble have already swirled wildly. Weighing in on the subject, Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in "The Avengers", hinted that he might not reprise his role as the supervillain in the second Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie.
The British thesp told MSN, "I don't know, and that really is the honest answer." He went on, "I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea, I haven't spoken to Joss [Whedon]."
"He's definitely doing it. So I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy," Hiddleston stated. "Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again."
While Hiddleston was not sure of his fate in the next Avengers film, Samuel L. Jackson would definitely return as Nick Fury. However, when asked if Fury would also appear in "Guardians of the Galaxy", the actor claimed, "No, Cap 2. then nothing until The Avengers 2." He shared to Movies.com as highlighted by Coming Soon, "But that's in 2014. Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie."
Joss Whedon will return to direct "Avengers 2", which is slated for a May 1, 2015 release Stateside. Meanwhile, "Guardians" will be helmed by James Gunn and is slated for an August 1, 2014 release nationwide.
More Avengers: Age of Ultron News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story