Tom Hiddleston Hints Loki Might Not Return in 'Avengers 2'
"The Avengers 2" is still more than two years away from hitting theaters Stateside, but speculations on who will return to the cast ensemble have already swirled wildly. Weighing in on the subject, Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in "The Avengers", hinted that he might not reprise his role as the supervillain in the second Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie.
The British thesp told MSN, "I don't know, and that really is the honest answer." He went on, "I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea, I haven't spoken to Joss [Whedon]."
"He's definitely doing it. So I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy," Hiddleston stated. "Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again."
While Hiddleston was not sure of his fate in the next Avengers film, Samuel L. Jackson would definitely return as Nick Fury. However, when asked if Fury would also appear in "Guardians of the Galaxy", the actor claimed, "No, Cap 2. then nothing until The Avengers 2." He shared to Movies.com as highlighted by Coming Soon, "But that's in 2014. Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie."
Joss Whedon will return to direct "Avengers 2", which is slated for a May 1, 2015 release Stateside. Meanwhile, "Guardians" will be helmed by James Gunn and is slated for an August 1, 2014 release nationwide.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce