Tom Hiddleston Hints Loki Might Not Return in 'Avengers 2'
"The Avengers 2" is still more than two years away from hitting theaters Stateside, but speculations on who will return to the cast ensemble have already swirled wildly. Weighing in on the subject, Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in "The Avengers", hinted that he might not reprise his role as the supervillain in the second Earth's Mightiest Heroes movie.
The British thesp told MSN, "I don't know, and that really is the honest answer." He went on, "I know I've been known for obfuscation in other quarters, but I have no idea, I haven't spoken to Joss [Whedon]."
"He's definitely doing it. So I suspect not, only because I think that probably the audiences are tired of Loki being the bad guy," Hiddleston stated. "Maybe the Avengers need somebody else to fight. But I'd love to be part of it again."
While Hiddleston was not sure of his fate in the next Avengers film, Samuel L. Jackson would definitely return as Nick Fury. However, when asked if Fury would also appear in "Guardians of the Galaxy", the actor claimed, "No, Cap 2. then nothing until The Avengers 2." He shared to Movies.com as highlighted by Coming Soon, "But that's in 2014. Hopefully they'll throw me another Star Wars movie."
Joss Whedon will return to direct "Avengers 2", which is slated for a May 1, 2015 release Stateside. Meanwhile, "Guardians" will be helmed by James Gunn and is slated for an August 1, 2014 release nationwide.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms