Danielle Fishel Graduates College and Gets Engaged
Danielle Fishel officially becomes a college graduate at the age of 31. The Topanga Lawrence of 1990's sitcom "Boy Meets World" earns a degree in Psychology from California State University, Fullerton. She proudly shares her joy to her fans on Tumblr and manages to announce her engagement in the process.
"I took my last two undergraduate finals today and I am so happy, relieved, and proud," the actress wrote. She returned to school when she was 27 years old despite her initial worries "of being the old lady in class, of being whispered about, and especially of not remembering how to do simple math equations."
"After my 27th birthday, I made the decision to stop letting fear be a factor in fulfilling my dreams and living the life I wanted, so with a little encouragement from friends and family, I enrolled. And I went. I went every day and took copious notes and studied my little old lady heart out," the TV personality continued.
"Yes, I was sometimes the oldest person in class, I was whispered about many times, and I did forget how to do a few math equations. But I persevered and sometimes I wasn't the oldest person in class, some of the whisperers became good friends, and I did so well in math, I even became a tutor. And that is how I met my fiance. :)."
Saying that finishing school is one of her "proudest achievements in life," she added, "You will lose a lot of social time (shout outs to all my friends I've barely seen in the last 4 years!) and you will wonder why you decided to do this whole school thing again. But you will gain so much more in the long run. Stick it out. Persevere. You'll be so thankful you did. I know I am."
Now that she has graduated, Danielle is going to focus her energy on work with "Boy Meets World" sequel, "Girl Meets World", in the making. She will reprise her role as Topanga who has a 13-year-old daughter. The teen is her child with Cory Matthews whom she got married at the end of the first show. Cory will be portrayed once again by Ben Savage.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer