Alleged First Look at Tom Hardy as the Titular Warrior in 'Mad Max: Fury Road'
A possible first look at Tom Hardy in "Mad Max: Fury Road" has made its way out online. Ain't It Cool has posted a low-resolution image of Hardy allegedly in his portrayal of Mad Max Rockatansky. He is seen sporting warrior-like attire complete with a gun vest, while walking alone in what seems to be a dessert.
Plot details of "Mad Max" are still scarce, but director George Miller said that in the new film the titular warrior "is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa." He added, "This movie is an account of the Road War which follows. It is based on the Word Burgers of the History Men and eyewitness accounts of those who survived."
A reboot of Mel Gibson-starring action movie franchise, "Mad Max: Fury Road" is also supported by Charlize Theron, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz and Riley Keough. Miller once revealed that he already planned two other films for the series with Theron, Hardy and Hoult lining up in the cast ensemble.
"We started with ['Fury Road'], but we then started to do a second story and a third," he shared. "We've written the script for the second and almost finished the third. We never intended to, they were part of the exploration of the characters."
The action movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
More Mad Max: Fury Road News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story