Cee-Lo Green Confirms He'll Return to 'The Voice' in Season 5
How long will Cee-Lo Green take a break from "The Voice"? During a visit to "Today" show on Thursday, December 20, the Gnarls Barkley member said he would come back to sit on the spinning chair of the singing competition in its fifth season that is set to air in fall 2013.
"Let's be straight about this ladies and gentlemen: I'm not leaving 'The Voice.' I'll be back for Season 5. I'm going on hiatus. I'm doing a Las Vegas residency next year," the Goodie Mob star explained during his appearance the morning show.
He will be replaced by Usher and fellow judge Christina Aguilera who will also take a hiatus will be replaced by Shakira. The two new additions will join original judges Blake Shelton and Maroon 5's Adam Levine for the Spring 2013 cycle.
The third season came to end on December 18. Cee-Lo's protege Nicholas David faced off Blake's two team members Cassadee Pope and Terry McDermott. Cassadee won the contest, Terry became the runner-up, while Nick finished third.
"I really did think that my Nicholas (David) did have a very strong chance, and I do believe that he should have won," Cee-Lo told TV host Savannah Guthrie, before adding quickly, "Cassadee is really talented, so we also congratulate her as well."
More The Voice News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture