Cee-Lo Green Confirms He'll Return to 'The Voice' in Season 5
How long will Cee-Lo Green take a break from "The Voice"? During a visit to "Today" show on Thursday, December 20, the Gnarls Barkley member said he would come back to sit on the spinning chair of the singing competition in its fifth season that is set to air in fall 2013.
"Let's be straight about this ladies and gentlemen: I'm not leaving 'The Voice.' I'll be back for Season 5. I'm going on hiatus. I'm doing a Las Vegas residency next year," the Goodie Mob star explained during his appearance the morning show.
He will be replaced by Usher and fellow judge Christina Aguilera who will also take a hiatus will be replaced by Shakira. The two new additions will join original judges Blake Shelton and Maroon 5's Adam Levine for the Spring 2013 cycle.
The third season came to end on December 18. Cee-Lo's protege Nicholas David faced off Blake's two team members Cassadee Pope and Terry McDermott. Cassadee won the contest, Terry became the runner-up, while Nick finished third.
"I really did think that my Nicholas (David) did have a very strong chance, and I do believe that he should have won," Cee-Lo told TV host Savannah Guthrie, before adding quickly, "Cassadee is really talented, so we also congratulate her as well."
More The Voice News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'