Ke$ha Retracts Recent Statement That She Was Forced to Sing 'Die Young'
A couple of days ago, Ke$ha responded to news that radio stations were dropping the singer's single "Die Young" out of their playlists, in light of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut last December 14. "I understand," Ke$ha posted on Twitter. "I had my very own issue with 'Die Young' for this reason. I did not want to sing those lyrics and I was forced to".
Now, the "Tik Tok" singer is singing a different tune once again, this time clarifying the statement in her own official website. Ke$ha claims she misspoke about her hit single due to emotion and sadness over the Newton school shooting, and has deleted the tweet she earlier posted, claiming she had been forced to sing the chorus of "Die Young". The pop star says that she may have just reacted to the pull out of her song and that she still stands behind her current hit, taken from her latest album "Warrior".
" 'Forced' is not the right word. I did have some concerns about the phrase 'Die Young' in the chorus when we were writing the lyrics... because so many of my fans are young," she clarifies. "That's one reason why I wrote so many versions of this song. But the point of the song is the importance of living every day to the fullest and staying young at heart, and these are things I truly believe."
"Die Young" writers, which include producer Dr. Luke and Fun. frontman Nate Ruess, have not reacted to any of Ke$ha's comments. Despite her changing statements about her "Die Young" track in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook shooting, Ke$ha has kept her tweet that expresses sympathies for the victims of the massacre and their families.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder