Ben Affleck Will Not Star Opposite Kristen Stewart in 'Focus'
Hot on heels of the news that Ben Affleck could be running for senate to replace John Kerry, it is now reported that the "Argo" helmer is letting go one of his anticipated movie projects. The husband of Jennifer Garner has decided to exit "Focus", in which he's originally set to star opposite Kristen Stewart.
Affleck's representative tells Entertainment Weekly that the sudden decision was made due to the the actor's busy schedule. The "To the Wonder" star must set up his next directing gigs which include "Tell No One" and "Live by Night". He's also busy promoting "Argo" for the upcoming awards season.
"Focus" follows a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They become involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future.
The comedy movie is projected to kick off filming around April 2013. It will be directed and written by "Crazy, Stupid, Love." helmers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa. Before approaching Affleck and Stewart, the director duo were considering to reunite with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone for the project but the plan eventually fell off.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?