Ben Affleck Will Not Star Opposite Kristen Stewart in 'Focus'
Hot on heels of the news that Ben Affleck could be running for senate to replace John Kerry, it is now reported that the "Argo" helmer is letting go one of his anticipated movie projects. The husband of Jennifer Garner has decided to exit "Focus", in which he's originally set to star opposite Kristen Stewart.
Affleck's representative tells Entertainment Weekly that the sudden decision was made due to the the actor's busy schedule. The "To the Wonder" star must set up his next directing gigs which include "Tell No One" and "Live by Night". He's also busy promoting "Argo" for the upcoming awards season.
"Focus" follows a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They become involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future.
The comedy movie is projected to kick off filming around April 2013. It will be directed and written by "Crazy, Stupid, Love." helmers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa. Before approaching Affleck and Stewart, the director duo were considering to reunite with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone for the project but the plan eventually fell off.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'