Ben Affleck Could Be Running for Senate to Replace Sen. John Kerry
Ben Affleck could be considered for senate run. There are whispers that the actor is on the list of candidates to become U.S. senate following rumors that Sen. John Kerry is on the top wish list to be the next Secretary of State replacing Hillary Clinton in a second-term Barack Obama administration.
"Ben has been very active in Democratic Party politics for a long time and has never hid his love of politics," the "Argo" star's friend tells The Huffington Post about the possible senate candidacy. "He is a very impressive person, with a great deal of knowledge and passion."
"Anyone that underestimates Ben's political ambition is a fool. He's very focused and smart. People once laughed when he said he wanted to be a director, and now they are not laughing," another source says. "Also, never forget that this guy survived Bennifer -- so anything is possible," the insider adds, referring to his high-profile breakup with Jennifer Lopez.
Ben himself remained coy about the matter. "One never knows. I'm not one to get into conjecture," the husband of Jennifer Garner said when asked by Bob Schieffer during a Wednesday, December 19 taping of CBS' "Face the Nation".
"I do have a great fondness and admiration for the political process in this country," he added. "It's a big deal for me to come down here and be on your show that I've watched so much, but I'm not going to get into speculation about my political future."
More Ben Affleck News
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money