Ben Affleck Could Be Running for Senate to Replace Sen. John Kerry
Ben Affleck could be considered for senate run. There are whispers that the actor is on the list of candidates to become U.S. senate following rumors that Sen. John Kerry is on the top wish list to be the next Secretary of State replacing Hillary Clinton in a second-term Barack Obama administration.
"Ben has been very active in Democratic Party politics for a long time and has never hid his love of politics," the "Argo" star's friend tells The Huffington Post about the possible senate candidacy. "He is a very impressive person, with a great deal of knowledge and passion."
"Anyone that underestimates Ben's political ambition is a fool. He's very focused and smart. People once laughed when he said he wanted to be a director, and now they are not laughing," another source says. "Also, never forget that this guy survived Bennifer -- so anything is possible," the insider adds, referring to his high-profile breakup with Jennifer Lopez.
Ben himself remained coy about the matter. "One never knows. I'm not one to get into conjecture," the husband of Jennifer Garner said when asked by Bob Schieffer during a Wednesday, December 19 taping of CBS' "Face the Nation".
"I do have a great fondness and admiration for the political process in this country," he added. "It's a big deal for me to come down here and be on your show that I've watched so much, but I'm not going to get into speculation about my political future."
More Ben Affleck News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'