Kim Kardashian Threatens to Leave Instagram Over New Policy
Instagram could lose its biggest client, Kim Kardashian, if they impose on their new policy. The reality star, who has the highest number of followers on the photo-sharing site, is not happy with the new terms of service which enables the company to sell the users' photos to advertisers without compensation.
"I really loved Instagram :-( I need to review this new policy. I don't think its fair," she tweeted on Tuesday, December 18. Perhaps as an act of protest, Kardashian has not posted new photos on Instagram for two days straight. TMZ's source said that Kardashian is waiting for Instagram to revise their policy before she makes a decision.
Her threat to leave the site could mean a major dent to Instagram because she has 5.7 million followers, not to mention her extended family's. Other celebrities such as Seth Green and Anderson Cooper have also revealed their intention to delete their accounts following the new policy.
Instagram Chief Executive Kevin Systrom said in a blog post that users had misinterpreted the revised terms of service. "This is not true and it is our mistake that this language is confusing," Systrom wrote. "To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos. We are working on updated language in the terms to make sure this is clear."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death