Kim Kardashian Threatens to Leave Instagram Over New Policy
Instagram could lose its biggest client, Kim Kardashian, if they impose on their new policy. The reality star, who has the highest number of followers on the photo-sharing site, is not happy with the new terms of service which enables the company to sell the users' photos to advertisers without compensation.
"I really loved Instagram :-( I need to review this new policy. I don't think its fair," she tweeted on Tuesday, December 18. Perhaps as an act of protest, Kardashian has not posted new photos on Instagram for two days straight. TMZ's source said that Kardashian is waiting for Instagram to revise their policy before she makes a decision.
Her threat to leave the site could mean a major dent to Instagram because she has 5.7 million followers, not to mention her extended family's. Other celebrities such as Seth Green and Anderson Cooper have also revealed their intention to delete their accounts following the new policy.
Instagram Chief Executive Kevin Systrom said in a blog post that users had misinterpreted the revised terms of service. "This is not true and it is our mistake that this language is confusing," Systrom wrote. "To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos. We are working on updated language in the terms to make sure this is clear."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences