Kim Kardashian Threatens to Leave Instagram Over New Policy
Instagram could lose its biggest client, Kim Kardashian, if they impose on their new policy. The reality star, who has the highest number of followers on the photo-sharing site, is not happy with the new terms of service which enables the company to sell the users' photos to advertisers without compensation.
"I really loved Instagram :-( I need to review this new policy. I don't think its fair," she tweeted on Tuesday, December 18. Perhaps as an act of protest, Kardashian has not posted new photos on Instagram for two days straight. TMZ's source said that Kardashian is waiting for Instagram to revise their policy before she makes a decision.
Her threat to leave the site could mean a major dent to Instagram because she has 5.7 million followers, not to mention her extended family's. Other celebrities such as Seth Green and Anderson Cooper have also revealed their intention to delete their accounts following the new policy.
Instagram Chief Executive Kevin Systrom said in a blog post that users had misinterpreted the revised terms of service. "This is not true and it is our mistake that this language is confusing," Systrom wrote. "To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos. We are working on updated language in the terms to make sure this is clear."
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7