Adele Is Forbes' Brightest Musician Under 30
After having been named by Billboard as its top artist for 2012 just a couple of days ago, Adele adds another feather to her cap by topping Forbes' annual list of the thirty brightest music stars under 30 years old. The publication annually lists the thirty brightest stars in fifteen different categories, including music.
24-year-old Adele made the list on the success of her second album "21", which has sold over 23 million copies worldwide. The "Rolling in the Deep" singer leads the other acts in the coveted list that includes British-Irish group One Direction and R'n'B superstar Rihanna. One Direction are included in the list following the back-to-back success of their first two albums "Up All Night" and "Take Me Home", while Rihanna's string of sold-out shows and lucrative endorsement deals make her a shoe-in for the "30 under 30" list.
Other big names in music that made it to the Forbes list this year are pop superstar Bruno Mars, country music sweetheart Taylor Swift, and teen sensation Justin Bieber. 27-year-old Mars' latest track "Locked Out of Heaven" from his sophomore album "Unorthodox Jukebox" is at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 charts, while Swift is currently at the top of the Billboard 200 charts with her latest album "Red". 18-year-old Bieber is set to release his next album by January next year, with an acoustic EP of his "Believe" album.
Singer-songwriter Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Ke$ha are among the other top female musical artists named to the "30 Under 30" list.
More Adele News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed