Beautiful First Trailer for Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder'
"You shall love, whether you like it or not," so it says in the first international trailer for Terrence Malick's latest creation "To the Wonder". Overall, the trailer is studded with beautiful shots of natural landscapes and people sharing love to one another. Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Olga Kurylenko and Javier Bardem are all highlighted in it.
A follow-up to Malick's "The Tree of Life", this new film is a romantic drama which focuses on a man who reconnects with a woman from his hometown of Oklahoma after his marriage to a European woman falls apart. Affleck plays the said man, while Kurylenko stars as the French woman. McAdams portrays another woman who divides Affleck's affection, and Bardem plays a priest seeking a spiritual fulfillment.
"To the Wonder" has so far received mixed reviews from critics. It was said that this film is relatively dialog-free and contains more music and images to tell its story. Of Malick's decision to focus more on the images and music, Kurylenko once said that "he would tell me, throw away the words, don't speak, move them."
"Sometimes silence is stronger than words. I think that is what is remarkable about him," she explained while attending this year's Venice Film Festival. "He is able to tell you the story, to give you the emotions, through the body, through the silence... You don't need the words. The message is still perceived, you still feel it in your gut."
The drama will open in limited U.S. cinemas on April 12, 2013.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake