Christina Aguilera Set to Receive Award and Perform at 2013 People's Choice Awards
Christina Aguilera will be awarded with a People's Voice award by the People's Choice Awards on January 9, 2013, to recognize her achievements in the music industry and her ability to reach millions of fans around the globe. She is also nominated for Favorite Celebrity Judge at the prestigious awards event for her work as one of the mentors in the popular singing competition "The Voice".
The 32-year-old songstress also headlines the line-up of artists that are set to perform, including country music singer Jason Aldean. Aguilera's fellow coach on "The Voice", Maroon 5's Adam Levine, was also nominated for a People's Choice award. Other nominees as announced last November 15 include pop superstar Justin Bieber, actor Channing Tatum, actress Jennifer Lawrence and "The Amazing Spider-Man" lead Emma Stone.
Aguilera has just released her latest album "Lotus", which debuted at no. 7 at the Billboard 200 charts. It features collaborations with prolific songwriters, Sia Furler, Max Martin and Alex Da Kid, as well as contains duets with her "The Voice" co-mentors, singer-songwriter/record producer Cee-Lo Green and country singer Blake Shelton.
A successful singer, TV personality and actress, Aguilera has sold over 50 million albums worldwide and has already won five Grammy Awards in her stellar musical career. She is the only artist under 30 years old to make it to Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Singers of All Time" list.
The People's Choice Awards will be broadcast live on CBS from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'