ABC News Anchor Sam Donaldson Arrested in Delaware for DUI
Sam Donaldson got into trouble with the law earlier this month. The 78-year-old ABC News anchor was taken into police custody on December 1 on suspicion of driving under influence following a traffic violation.
Sam was pulled over by a cop in Delaware just before 8 P.M. after he drove his car onto the shoulder of the road. The newsman later failed a field sobriety test performed by the officer when signs of intoxication were detected.
The Texas-born news presenter was taken into a nearby station in Lewes and cited before subsequently being released "to an adult pending his appearance in court." He was reportedly cooperative during the incident.
Sam is currently living in McLean, Va. The former White House correspondent has officially stepped down from his position as a regular anchor on ABC News, but still appears on the news programs of the network as a contributor.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding