ABC News Anchor Sam Donaldson Arrested in Delaware for DUI
Sam Donaldson got into trouble with the law earlier this month. The 78-year-old ABC News anchor was taken into police custody on December 1 on suspicion of driving under influence following a traffic violation.
Sam was pulled over by a cop in Delaware just before 8 P.M. after he drove his car onto the shoulder of the road. The newsman later failed a field sobriety test performed by the officer when signs of intoxication were detected.
The Texas-born news presenter was taken into a nearby station in Lewes and cited before subsequently being released "to an adult pending his appearance in court." He was reportedly cooperative during the incident.
Sam is currently living in McLean, Va. The former White House correspondent has officially stepped down from his position as a regular anchor on ABC News, but still appears on the news programs of the network as a contributor.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie