ABC News Anchor Sam Donaldson Arrested in Delaware for DUI
Sam Donaldson got into trouble with the law earlier this month. The 78-year-old ABC News anchor was taken into police custody on December 1 on suspicion of driving under influence following a traffic violation.
Sam was pulled over by a cop in Delaware just before 8 P.M. after he drove his car onto the shoulder of the road. The newsman later failed a field sobriety test performed by the officer when signs of intoxication were detected.
The Texas-born news presenter was taken into a nearby station in Lewes and cited before subsequently being released "to an adult pending his appearance in court." He was reportedly cooperative during the incident.
Sam is currently living in McLean, Va. The former White House correspondent has officially stepped down from his position as a regular anchor on ABC News, but still appears on the news programs of the network as a contributor.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media