ABC News Anchor Sam Donaldson Arrested in Delaware for DUI
Sam Donaldson got into trouble with the law earlier this month. The 78-year-old ABC News anchor was taken into police custody on December 1 on suspicion of driving under influence following a traffic violation.
Sam was pulled over by a cop in Delaware just before 8 P.M. after he drove his car onto the shoulder of the road. The newsman later failed a field sobriety test performed by the officer when signs of intoxication were detected.
The Texas-born news presenter was taken into a nearby station in Lewes and cited before subsequently being released "to an adult pending his appearance in court." He was reportedly cooperative during the incident.
Sam is currently living in McLean, Va. The former White House correspondent has officially stepped down from his position as a regular anchor on ABC News, but still appears on the news programs of the network as a contributor.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack