First 'Pain and Gain' Trailer: Mark Wahlberg and The Rock Obsessed With Fitness
"Pain and Gain" finally unleashes its very first trailer. Staying true to its title, the promo video is jam-packed with scenes of Mark Wahlberg and some other buffed men exercising hard and flaunting their huge muscles. Also highlighted in the trailer is Wahlberg's bromance with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who plays Wahlberg's partner in a crime scheme that goes terribly wrong.
A passion project of director Michael Bay, "Pain and Gain" is based on a 1999 Miami New Times article. The film follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. Made with a budget of a mere $20 million, this film marks the "Transformers" helmer's smallest budgeted feature since his first movie "Bad Boys" in 1995.
In additon to Wahlberg and Johnson, the dramedy is supported by Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Bar Paly, Tony Plana and Yolanthe Cabau. It will open Stateside on April 26, 2013.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered