First 'Pain and Gain' Trailer: Mark Wahlberg and The Rock Obsessed With Fitness
"Pain and Gain" finally unleashes its very first trailer. Staying true to its title, the promo video is jam-packed with scenes of Mark Wahlberg and some other buffed men exercising hard and flaunting their huge muscles. Also highlighted in the trailer is Wahlberg's bromance with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who plays Wahlberg's partner in a crime scheme that goes terribly wrong.
A passion project of director Michael Bay, "Pain and Gain" is based on a 1999 Miami New Times article. The film follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. Made with a budget of a mere $20 million, this film marks the "Transformers" helmer's smallest budgeted feature since his first movie "Bad Boys" in 1995.
In additon to Wahlberg and Johnson, the dramedy is supported by Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Bar Paly, Tony Plana and Yolanthe Cabau. It will open Stateside on April 26, 2013.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group