Lostprophets' Ian Watkins Refused Bail for Trying to Rape Underage Girl
Ian Watkins of Welsh rock band Lostprophets was denied bail on Wednesday, December 19 after charged with serious sexual offenses against children. The 35-year-old singer, along with two unnamed women, were arrested on Monday for "conspiracy to rape and conspiracy to engage in sexual activity" with an underage girl and possession of extreme pornography.
"A Pontypridd man has been charged with sexual offenses against children and is due to appear at Cardiff Magistrates' Court today," a police spokesman said. "The 35-year-old has been charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children. In order to assist their investigation, South Wales Police has named the man as Ian Watkins, a member of the rock group Lostprophets."
Prosecutor Suzanne Thomas made application for all three accused to be refused bail. "They are the sort of charges which will cause public revulsion. The penalty would be a custodial sentence if they were found guilty," she said.
Watkins and the two women have been remanded in custody until December 31 when they will appear at Cardiff Crown Court.
Meanwhile, senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Peter Doyle encouraged anyone with information to help with the investigation. "I want to encourage anyone who has any concerns or information which they think may be relevant to contact us," he said. "Safeguarding children involved in such cases is always a high priority and as such measures have already been taken."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked