Ricky Gervais Confirms Role in 'The Muppets Sequel'
Just a day after it was reported that Ricky Gervais is a viable candidate to replace Jason Segel in "The Muppets Sequel", the British comedian stepped forward with a confirmation. "I have just signed up to play the lead in the next Muppet Movie," he tweeted on Wednesday, December 19.
Gervais also joked, "I have the biggest trailer but Kermit will spend some time in my sink." It is still unknown what role he will play in the movie but it was said to be on a par with the one played by Segel. "Modern Family" star Ty Burrell has also signed up for the follow up of the 2011 movie as a bumbling Interpol inspector. Christoph Waltz was previously touted to play this character.
Two other human characters are yet to find their actors. They are a "Russian femme fatale" and "a male lead whose intentions are always in question."
Gervais actually made a cameo in "The Muppets" but the scene was cut. This will be his first lead role in a movie since 2009's "The Invention of Lying".
Filming of "The Muppets Sequel" in London and at Pinewood Studios is due to start in late January and end in April next year. James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller return as director and screenwriter respectively.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West