Ricky Gervais Confirms Role in 'The Muppets Sequel'
Just a day after it was reported that Ricky Gervais is a viable candidate to replace Jason Segel in "The Muppets Sequel", the British comedian stepped forward with a confirmation. "I have just signed up to play the lead in the next Muppet Movie," he tweeted on Wednesday, December 19.
Gervais also joked, "I have the biggest trailer but Kermit will spend some time in my sink." It is still unknown what role he will play in the movie but it was said to be on a par with the one played by Segel. "Modern Family" star Ty Burrell has also signed up for the follow up of the 2011 movie as a bumbling Interpol inspector. Christoph Waltz was previously touted to play this character.
Two other human characters are yet to find their actors. They are a "Russian femme fatale" and "a male lead whose intentions are always in question."
Gervais actually made a cameo in "The Muppets" but the scene was cut. This will be his first lead role in a movie since 2009's "The Invention of Lying".
Filming of "The Muppets Sequel" in London and at Pinewood Studios is due to start in late January and end in April next year. James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller return as director and screenwriter respectively.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'