'The Carrie Diaries' Unleashes New Retro-Themed Promo
Another promo for "The Carrie Diaries" has been released by The CW to promote the new series. It has no dialog but opens with the young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) narrating her own life story, "They say the key to being a writer is figuring out who you are. But finding my voice wasn't going to be easy."
The trailer shares more scenes from the show set to "Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant, bringing more 1980s feel to the sneak peek. Footage of the English singer also intercepts in between the show's scenes.
"The Carrie Diaries" is based on Candace Bushnell's novel of the same title and serves as a prequel to "Sex and the City". It revolves around 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw who finds life isn't easy since her mother died. When a suburban life in Connecticut isn't doing much to take her mind off her troubles, her father offers her the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan and she leaps at the chance.
The show follows Carrie as she falls in love for the first time with the most important man in her life, Manhattan, and asks her first questions about love and sex. It will premiere Monday, January 14 at 8 P.M. on The CW.
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date