'The Carrie Diaries' Unleashes New Retro-Themed Promo
Another promo for "The Carrie Diaries" has been released by The CW to promote the new series. It has no dialog but opens with the young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) narrating her own life story, "They say the key to being a writer is figuring out who you are. But finding my voice wasn't going to be easy."
The trailer shares more scenes from the show set to "Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant, bringing more 1980s feel to the sneak peek. Footage of the English singer also intercepts in between the show's scenes.
"The Carrie Diaries" is based on Candace Bushnell's novel of the same title and serves as a prequel to "Sex and the City". It revolves around 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw who finds life isn't easy since her mother died. When a suburban life in Connecticut isn't doing much to take her mind off her troubles, her father offers her the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan and she leaps at the chance.
The show follows Carrie as she falls in love for the first time with the most important man in her life, Manhattan, and asks her first questions about love and sex. It will premiere Monday, January 14 at 8 P.M. on The CW.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56