Avril Lavigne, Rihanna and More Perform on 'The Voice' Live Finale
Season three of the popular TV reality singing competition "The Voice" has just crowned its big winner in a two-hour live finale show that featured a score of celebrity performances. Rihanna, with a performance of her hit single "Diamonds", opened the show that hailed pop-rocker Cassadee Pope as the big winner. Scottish rocker Terry McDermott was the runner-up while soul singer Nicholas David finished third.
Pop-rocker Avril Lavigne took the stage with the song "I'm With You", singing it with Pope, who declared Lavigne as her idol. Pope also performed with rock band The Killers, while the other two finalists also got to sing with musical greats: David with Smokey Robinson and McDermott with Peter Frampton.
A big highlight of the show was the special performance of the coaches. It was the last time the 4 judges will share the stage of the hit TV show as Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green had earlier announced that they would not return for season four of the show. Together with Maroon 5's Adam Levine and country singer-songwriter Blake Shelton, they dished-out Green Day's "Time of Your Life".
First-ever "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson sang "Catch My Breath" off her greatest hits compilation with Pope and McDermott. Pop superstar Bruno Mars also graced the star-studded finale show, debuting his single "When I Was Your Man".
The 23-year-old Cassadee Pope earned $150,000 and a recording deal with Universal Republic. She was coached by Blake, who has now mentored two back-to-back winners of the hit TV singing competition.
"The Voice" coaches:
More Avril Lavigne News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame