Josh Groban Releases New Single 'Brave'
After the release of his fifth studio album entitled "Illuminations" in 2010 and his 81-city "Straight to You" concert tour in 2011 to promote the said album, crooner Josh Groban returns with his unique vocals as he drops "Brave", the first single off his upcoming album. The pop-rock track, courtesy of super producer Rob Cavallo, headlines Groban's sixth studio set "All That Echoes".
The track sounds less of the pop-opera style that Groban is known for and sounds more like a standard pop song, yet still features the singer's big, theatrical voice. "We wanted the song to have an intensity and an urgency, even if they're in more of a traditional style vocally," he opens up to Billboard. "The goal was to try and bridge those two worlds."
For his newest album, Groban collaborates with Cavallo, best known for his work with punk rock band Green Day. The record producer has also worked with well-known artists, Goo Goo Dolls, "American Idol" alums David Cook and Adam Lambert, rapper Kid Rock and rock musician Uncle Kracker.
Groban says of Cavallo, "I think Rob saw a lot of potential in my world to branch out to find ways to bring more energy, to bring some of his rock sensibilities but to do it in a way that still feels classic."
Josh Groban has sold over 25 million records worldwide and is cited by Neilsen SoundScan as the top-selling classical artist of the 2000s. He also appears in films and on TV and has performed in many charity events.
"All That Echoes" is set to be released in February 5, 2013.
More Josh Groban News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer