Bryan Singer Officially Welcomes Hugh Jackman to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
The Wolverine would take part in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" after all. After a long-running rumor, director Bryan Singer finally brought good news to fanboys that Hugh Jackman had been confirmed to appear in the upcoming movie.
Taking to his Twitter account to make the casting rumor official, Singer wrote, "I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past." He gushed, "Very excited! More to come..."
Jackman would join other original "X-Men" stars who were set to return to the "X-Men: First Class" sequel. They were Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart who played Magneto and Professor X respectively.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, the sequel will be released in the U.S. on July 18, 2014. In addition to "Days of Future Past", Jackman will soon be seen reprising his role as Logan in "The Wolverine", a standalone film based on the character which will open nationwide on July 26 next year.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her