Bryan Singer Officially Welcomes Hugh Jackman to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
The Wolverine would take part in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" after all. After a long-running rumor, director Bryan Singer finally brought good news to fanboys that Hugh Jackman had been confirmed to appear in the upcoming movie.
Taking to his Twitter account to make the casting rumor official, Singer wrote, "I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past." He gushed, "Very excited! More to come..."
Jackman would join other original "X-Men" stars who were set to return to the "X-Men: First Class" sequel. They were Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart who played Magneto and Professor X respectively.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, the sequel will be released in the U.S. on July 18, 2014. In addition to "Days of Future Past", Jackman will soon be seen reprising his role as Logan in "The Wolverine", a standalone film based on the character which will open nationwide on July 26 next year.
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!