Bryan Singer Officially Welcomes Hugh Jackman to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
The Wolverine would take part in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" after all. After a long-running rumor, director Bryan Singer finally brought good news to fanboys that Hugh Jackman had been confirmed to appear in the upcoming movie.
Taking to his Twitter account to make the casting rumor official, Singer wrote, "I would officially like to welcome @RealHughJackman to the cast of #Xmen Days of Future Past." He gushed, "Very excited! More to come..."
Jackman would join other original "X-Men" stars who were set to return to the "X-Men: First Class" sequel. They were Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart who played Magneto and Professor X respectively.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Also starring James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, the sequel will be released in the U.S. on July 18, 2014. In addition to "Days of Future Past", Jackman will soon be seen reprising his role as Logan in "The Wolverine", a standalone film based on the character which will open nationwide on July 26 next year.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season