OneRepublic Release New Single 'If I Lose Myself'
Colorado pop/rock band OneRepublic have unveiled a new single from their upcoming third studio offering, "Native". The track titled "If I Lose Myself", which comes after the group's recent hit "Feel Again", is the second release from the new album due in spring 2013. It presents a very upbeat tempo and some really cool sounding dance beats.
"If I Lose Myself" starts off with a slow, haunting vibe, which quickly picks up as lead vocalist Ryan Tedder gets into the poetic lyrics of the new single. He croons, "I stayed up at the sun/ Thought of all the people, places and things I've loved/ I stayed up just to see/ Of all the faces, you are the one next to me," while electronic keyboard and percussion tunes do their thing in the background. The track then shifts into a David Guetta-sounding pattern of dance and pop rhythms as Tedder sings the catchy hook of the song.
For OneRepublic fans, the new track is definitely something to have for keeps. It blends a great mix of the group's signature pop/rock sound plus some nice dance/electronic elements. Unfortunately, "If I Lose Myself" would not be available on iTunes until January next year, so fans would just have to be content with online streaming for now.
In other news, OneRepublic have also announced a fundraising drive in support of the Newtown, Connecticut shooting victims, its survivors, and grieving families. "We want to help - with prayers, concerts, charities, there's all these events and productions and things that can take place over the next few months that may or may not come to pass, but the one thing that we can do immediately is donate money to these families," explained frontman Tedder.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed