'The Voice' Unveils Season 3 Winner and First Promo of Season 4
"The Voice" season 3 came to an end with a coronation of the winner. On Tuesday, December 18, after a number of performances by some of today's biggest music acts, Cassadee Pope was officially announced the winner of the singing competition.
She defeated her own team mate Terry McDermott who placed second, while Cee-Lo Green's protege Nicholas David finished on the third place. Cassadee's victory also marks the second time in a row Blake Shelton sent his protege to be a winner on the NBC reality series.
Before the final results were unveiled, A-list singers took turn to cater the audience. Rihanna opened the episode with her performance of "Diamonds", Kelly Clarkson sang "Catch My Breath" with Cassadee and Terry, Bruno Mars belted out "When I Was Your Man" solo, while Avril Lavigne was joined by Cassadee to sing "I'm with You".
The coaches, Blake, Cee-Lo, Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera, also teamed up to cover "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". Other musical guests that night were The Killers, Smokey Robinson and Peter Frampton. Birthday girl Christina also got a special highlight in the final show.
Having just wrapped up the third season, "The Voice" is already promoting the fourth installment that will premiere Monday, March 25, 2013. It introduces Shakira and Usher as the new coaches in a promo, joining returning coaches Adam and Blake. The hilarious video sees them finding some common musical ground while on a ride.
More The Voice News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal