'The Voice' Unveils Season 3 Winner and First Promo of Season 4
"The Voice" season 3 came to an end with a coronation of the winner. On Tuesday, December 18, after a number of performances by some of today's biggest music acts, Cassadee Pope was officially announced the winner of the singing competition.
She defeated her own team mate Terry McDermott who placed second, while Cee-Lo Green's protege Nicholas David finished on the third place. Cassadee's victory also marks the second time in a row Blake Shelton sent his protege to be a winner on the NBC reality series.
Before the final results were unveiled, A-list singers took turn to cater the audience. Rihanna opened the episode with her performance of "Diamonds", Kelly Clarkson sang "Catch My Breath" with Cassadee and Terry, Bruno Mars belted out "When I Was Your Man" solo, while Avril Lavigne was joined by Cassadee to sing "I'm with You".
The coaches, Blake, Cee-Lo, Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera, also teamed up to cover "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". Other musical guests that night were The Killers, Smokey Robinson and Peter Frampton. Birthday girl Christina also got a special highlight in the final show.
Having just wrapped up the third season, "The Voice" is already promoting the fourth installment that will premiere Monday, March 25, 2013. It introduces Shakira and Usher as the new coaches in a promo, joining returning coaches Adam and Blake. The hilarious video sees them finding some common musical ground while on a ride.
More The Voice News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle