Kristen Stewart Says She Hid in Hotel Room After Her Affair With Rupert Sanders Broke Out
Kristen Stewart finally broke silence about the affair that rocked her life, five months after caught cheating on Robert Pattinson with director Rupert Sanders, a married father of two. When asked how she dealt with the press after the "momentary indiscretion" was revealed, she opened up that she faced the toughest days that forced her into hiding.
"You have to be OK with your own fears," the actress told The Sun. "If you're an honest person you'll make mistakes, but that's when the most interesting things happen. I used to just stay in my hotel room rather than deal with everything, but if you get too caught up in what others think you become a really disjointed person."
The "On the Road" actress also apologized to her fans in a separate candid interview with Newsweek for what happened. "It's not a terrible thing if you're either loved or hated," she said. "But honestly, I don't care 'cause it doesn't keep me from doing my s**t. And I apologize to everyone for making them so angry. It was not my intention."
Though being uncomfortable with the media scrutiny, she's trying to embrace life in the public eye. "It's a little annoying having to be so compartmentalized," she explained. "I go from box to box to box. ... But I'm going out a lot more now. I was starting to get closed off and self-conscious, and I'm trudging forth into the world more often."
Apparently still coming to term with her famous status, Kristen felt "relief" that "Twilight Saga" that made her so well-known was finally finished. "I start every project to finish the motherf**ker, and to extend that [mentality] over a five-year period adapting all of these treasured moments over four books, it was constantly worrying," she uttered.
"But as long as people's perspective of me doesn't keep me from doing what I want to do, it doesn't matter," the Bella Swan depicter added.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!