Ke$ha Responds to the Pull-Out of 'Die Young' After Newtown School Shooting
Ke$ha's latest hit "Die Young" debuted at no. 3 on Billboard last Friday, but after the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, it has been consistently diving down the charts over the last few days. This is mainly due to the latest move of radio stations to take the singer's single out of their playlists in respect of the shooting's victims and their families, fearing that the song may be deemed insensitive at this time.
"I understand," Ke$ha responds to the news of the pull-out via Twitter. "I had my very own issue with 'Die Young' for this reason. I did not want to sing those lyrics and I was forced to". She adds, "I'm so, so sorry for anyone who has been effected by this tragedy, and I understand why my song is now inappropriate. Words cannot express."
The "Tik Tok" singer seems to be singing a different tune with regards to her latest release. Only recently, she had spoken positively about the "Die Young" track from her album "Warrior" as saying, "It's a celebration song, which I'm obviously known for writing those, but this one, the concept of it was to live each and every single day like it's your last and to always remain having a youthful spirit no matter how old I get."
Initially, Ke$ha sent her condolences to the victims' families via Twitter and posted a link to OneRepublic's fundraising for Sandy Hook website where people can make a donation.
The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting rampage is the latest tragedy to shock the nation, where 20-year-old local resident Adam Lanza shot 26 people which included 20 children.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son