'Project Runway' Season 11: Michael Kors' Replacement, New Twist and Guest Judges
"Project Runway" will feature a new face in the judging panel when it returns for an 11th season. Lifetime has announced that Michael Kors leaves his regular judge post vacant due to scheduling issues, but he will return as a judge in the season 11 finale.
"Always part of the Project Runway family, Michael will be seen in the future on the show," so the network says, "and we are excited to confirm that Michael will be back as a judge for season 11 finale." Kors joined the reality series in the first season.
To replace Kors, designer Zac Posen has been tapped as a featured judge and will join returning judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Tim Gunn. "When I was a guest judge, I saw he was always a generous, warm mentor," Posen says of his predecessor.
The judge line-up isn't the only thing that will be different in the next installment since the show has also announced a new twist. The upcoming season will see 16 aspiring designers competing as teams instead of individuals for every challenge.
Meanwhile, the guest judges include celebrities Bette Midler, Susan Sarandon, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Joan Rivers & Melissa Rivers, Emmy Rossum, Kristin Davis and Jordana Brewster, as well as designers Rachel Roy, Tracy Reese, Chris Benz and Christian Siriano who won "Project Runway" in 2007.
The 11th season "Project Runway" will premiere Thursday, January 24, 2013 on Lifetime. The winner will get $100,000 from L'Oreal Paris to start his/her own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a 2013 Lexus GS 350, a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel, and sell an exclusive collection at Lord & Taylor.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues