Ke$ha's 'Die Young' Yanked Following Connecticut Shooting
TV shows and movie premieres are not the only things pulled following the shooting in a Newtown, Connecticut elementary school. Ke$ha's latest hit "Die Young" reportedly is being yanked out of the airwaves in the wake of the tragedy that killed 20 children and 6 adults.
On Friday, December 14, "Die Young" was till number three on radio charts with 167 million hits. However, the massacre led to a decline in the number of listeners worldwide with only 148 million tuning in on Monday. The next day, it plummeted further with 98.5 million listeners nationwide, TMZ reported.
Radio stations began pulling it out of their playlists for fear of its sensitive content. Ke$ha previously explained that "Die Young", which is the first single from her latest album "Warrior", is "kind of an anthem. It's a celebration song, which I'm obviously known for writing those, but this one, the concept of it was to live each and every single day like it's your last and to always remain having a youthful spirit no matter how old I get."
The pop artist herself has expressed her condolences for the shooting victims' family, tweeting, "My heart goes out deeply to the people of Newtown, Connecticut."
The exclusion of "Die Young" from the playlists may further damage the sale of "Warrior". The second studio album only managed to debut at number 6 on Billboard Hot 200 chart in the first week of sale with 85,000 copies sold. In contrast, her first album "Animal" entered the chart at number 1 after moving 152,000 units.
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty