Josh Hutcherson to Be a Surfer in Pablo Escobar Drama 'Paradise Lost'
After risking his life in the arena as a Tribute in "The Hunger Games", Josh Hutcherson is set to take another challenging role in "Paradise Lost (2014)". Deadline reports that the 20-year-old actor is in talks to star opposite Oscar winner Benicio Del Toro in the drama about notorious drug kingpin Pablo Escobar.
Hutcherson is poised to tackle the pivotal character called Nick in the based-on-true-story movie. Nick is described as a young Irish surfer who pays visit to his brother in Colombia. He then meets the love of his life, before encountering the infamous drug mafia to be played by Del Toro.
Further details of the movie are still scarce for now, but the project is expected to begin production in Panama in March 2013. This will mark the directorial debut from Italian actor Andrea di Stefano, who was recently seen starring as the priest in "Life of Pi". He will also serves as the screenwriter.
Hutcherson will likely jump into "Paradise Lost" after wrapping "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", which is currently still filming and is slated for a November 22 release next year. He also takes part in the star-studded voice cast ensemble of Fox Animation's "Epic".
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii