Dave Grohl Denies Plans for Nirvana Reunion Tour
Recent collaborations with Paul McCartney during the 12-12-12 Sandy Relief concert and on "Saturday Night Live" have sparked rumors that Nirvana might be reuniting for a concert tour with a new lead vocalist to replace the band's frontman, the late Kurt Cobain. However, a spokesperson for ex-Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl has denied that the surviving members of the grunge band have any plans of going on tour.
Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic and second guitarist Pat Smear came together after 18 years since the death of Cobain, to join former The Beatles star Paul McCartney onstage during the star-studded Sandy Relief mega-concert in New York. After that, they performed together again on "SNL", singing "Cut Me Some Slack", the same track that they dished out during the hurricane Sandy benefit concert.
"Cut Me Some Slack" is a song made for Grohl's "Sound City" documentary and was recorded by Nirvana and McCartney for the soundtrack entitled "Sound City - Real to Reel". The soundtrack also features collaborations between Grohl and other artists such as Stevie Nicks for the song "You Can't Fix This", and the track "Mantra" which Grohl did with Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor and Joshua Homme from the rock band Queens of the Stone Age.
"Sound City" is Grohl's directorial debut and will be shown in the Sundance film festival in January 2013. It's a film about the legendary California recording studio where Nirvana's hit album "Nevermind", among other classics, was recorded.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified