Dave Grohl Denies Plans for Nirvana Reunion Tour
Recent collaborations with Paul McCartney during the 12-12-12 Sandy Relief concert and on "Saturday Night Live" have sparked rumors that Nirvana might be reuniting for a concert tour with a new lead vocalist to replace the band's frontman, the late Kurt Cobain. However, a spokesperson for ex-Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl has denied that the surviving members of the grunge band have any plans of going on tour.
Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic and second guitarist Pat Smear came together after 18 years since the death of Cobain, to join former The Beatles star Paul McCartney onstage during the star-studded Sandy Relief mega-concert in New York. After that, they performed together again on "SNL", singing "Cut Me Some Slack", the same track that they dished out during the hurricane Sandy benefit concert.
"Cut Me Some Slack" is a song made for Grohl's "Sound City" documentary and was recorded by Nirvana and McCartney for the soundtrack entitled "Sound City - Real to Reel". The soundtrack also features collaborations between Grohl and other artists such as Stevie Nicks for the song "You Can't Fix This", and the track "Mantra" which Grohl did with Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor and Joshua Homme from the rock band Queens of the Stone Age.
"Sound City" is Grohl's directorial debut and will be shown in the Sundance film festival in January 2013. It's a film about the legendary California recording studio where Nirvana's hit album "Nevermind", among other classics, was recorded.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media