'Gossip Girl' Series Finale Reveals Titular Blogger, Features Cameos and Familiar Faces
After going through the ups and downs, most "Gossip Girl" characters had their happy endings in the series finale. As it had been revealed in several previews, Chuck proposed to Blair and [SPOILER ALERT!] they got married in the December 17 episode. This way, Blair didn't have to testify against Chuck regarding his father's death.
The burning question about who Gossip Girl really is was answered and it turned out that Dan was the eponymous blogger. As Dan opened up how he became Gossip Girl, familiar faces like Jessica Szohr's Vanessa, Katie Cassidy's Juliet and Willa Holland's Agnes were featured reacting to the revelation.
Dan's sister Jenny apparently knew this all this time. The writer, however, decided to stop leaking news from the inner circle of the Upper East Siders as declaring, "Gossip Girl is dead."
Fast forwarding to five years later, Chuck and Blair had a son named Henry. Dan and Serena were getting married, while Lily and William, who previously dumped Ivy because he still loved Serena's mother, were seemingly together. Nate scored his own achievement and was considering running for Mayor of New York City.
Kristen Bell, who had narrated the teen drama series since the beginning, finally got a screen time. She appeared as herself and recited lines of a script about Blair and Serena. She apparently helped her friend, Rachel Bilson, who auditioned for a "Gossip Girl" movie. Another notable cameo in the farewell episode was from current Mayor of NYC, Michael Bloomberg.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance