Adele Named Billboard's Top Artist of 2012
Adele has been named by Billboard its top artist for 2012 for the second year in a row. She also wins top album honor for her second studio set "21", repeating her top album win last year with her debut release entitled "19". The "Rolling in the Deep" singer is the first artist to win both awards for two consecutive years. She also bags Top Female Artist award honors this year for being the U.S. charts' top-selling artist.
Other big artists in this year's Billboard awards roster include Canadian rapper Drake who is named the top male artist, English-Irish group One Direction who earn the top new act award, and pop rock band Maroon 5 who are named the best group. Multi-instrumental musician Gotye collects top song accolades for his track "Somebody That I Used to Know", edging out Carly Rae Jepsen's exceptionally popular hit "Call Me Maybe" and indie rock band Fun.'s hit single "We Are Young".
British acts Ellie Goulding and The Wanted make it to the Top 10 with their tracks "Lights" and "Glad You Came" respectively. English folk-rock band Mumford & Sons score the top rock, alternative, and folk album awards for their album "Babel".
Dominating both the U.S. charts and the Grammys in February of this year with six awards, the 24-year-old Adele started off her highly-successful singing career in 2011 with her monster hits "Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You".
More Adele News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert