Adele Named Billboard's Top Artist of 2012
Adele has been named by Billboard its top artist for 2012 for the second year in a row. She also wins top album honor for her second studio set "21", repeating her top album win last year with her debut release entitled "19". The "Rolling in the Deep" singer is the first artist to win both awards for two consecutive years. She also bags Top Female Artist award honors this year for being the U.S. charts' top-selling artist.
Other big artists in this year's Billboard awards roster include Canadian rapper Drake who is named the top male artist, English-Irish group One Direction who earn the top new act award, and pop rock band Maroon 5 who are named the best group. Multi-instrumental musician Gotye collects top song accolades for his track "Somebody That I Used to Know", edging out Carly Rae Jepsen's exceptionally popular hit "Call Me Maybe" and indie rock band Fun.'s hit single "We Are Young".
British acts Ellie Goulding and The Wanted make it to the Top 10 with their tracks "Lights" and "Glad You Came" respectively. English folk-rock band Mumford & Sons score the top rock, alternative, and folk album awards for their album "Babel".
Dominating both the U.S. charts and the Grammys in February of this year with six awards, the 24-year-old Adele started off her highly-successful singing career in 2011 with her monster hits "Rolling in the Deep" and "Someone Like You".
More Adele News
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer