Zooey Deschanel and Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard Finalize Their Divorce
Zooey Deschanel, 32, and Ben Gibbard, 36, have split in the eyes of the law. Their marriage has legally been dissolved a year after they announced their separation. The judgment does not mention financial details of the breakup, but notes that their union cannot be repaired by counseling or mediation.
Though the "New Girl" actress is no longer married to the Death Cab for Cutie frontman, it doesn't mean that she's on the market. The brunette beauty, who is nominated for Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy at 2013 Golden Globe Awards for her lead role in the TV series, is currently dating screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Deschanel tied the knot with Gibbard near Seattle, Washington in September of 2009. When announcing the split on November 1, 2011, she said the decision was "mutual and amicable." In the divorce papers filed later, she listed October 31 as the date of their separation and cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group