Zooey Deschanel and Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard Finalize Their Divorce
Zooey Deschanel, 32, and Ben Gibbard, 36, have split in the eyes of the law. Their marriage has legally been dissolved a year after they announced their separation. The judgment does not mention financial details of the breakup, but notes that their union cannot be repaired by counseling or mediation.
Though the "New Girl" actress is no longer married to the Death Cab for Cutie frontman, it doesn't mean that she's on the market. The brunette beauty, who is nominated for Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy at 2013 Golden Globe Awards for her lead role in the TV series, is currently dating screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Deschanel tied the knot with Gibbard near Seattle, Washington in September of 2009. When announcing the split on November 1, 2011, she said the decision was "mutual and amicable." In the divorce papers filed later, she listed October 31 as the date of their separation and cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7