Zooey Deschanel and Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard Finalize Their Divorce
Zooey Deschanel, 32, and Ben Gibbard, 36, have split in the eyes of the law. Their marriage has legally been dissolved a year after they announced their separation. The judgment does not mention financial details of the breakup, but notes that their union cannot be repaired by counseling or mediation.
Though the "New Girl" actress is no longer married to the Death Cab for Cutie frontman, it doesn't mean that she's on the market. The brunette beauty, who is nominated for Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy at 2013 Golden Globe Awards for her lead role in the TV series, is currently dating screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Deschanel tied the knot with Gibbard near Seattle, Washington in September of 2009. When announcing the split on November 1, 2011, she said the decision was "mutual and amicable." In the divorce papers filed later, she listed October 31 as the date of their separation and cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
More Zooey Deschanel News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival