Zooey Deschanel and Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard Finalize Their Divorce
Zooey Deschanel, 32, and Ben Gibbard, 36, have split in the eyes of the law. Their marriage has legally been dissolved a year after they announced their separation. The judgment does not mention financial details of the breakup, but notes that their union cannot be repaired by counseling or mediation.
Though the "New Girl" actress is no longer married to the Death Cab for Cutie frontman, it doesn't mean that she's on the market. The brunette beauty, who is nominated for Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy at 2013 Golden Globe Awards for her lead role in the TV series, is currently dating screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Deschanel tied the knot with Gibbard near Seattle, Washington in September of 2009. When announcing the split on November 1, 2011, she said the decision was "mutual and amicable." In the divorce papers filed later, she listed October 31 as the date of their separation and cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed