New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer Warns That 'You Are Not Safe'
Another dramatic trailer from "Star Trek Into Darkness" has just been released. It opens with slow-motion shots of every member of the Enterprise crew, while Kirk and Spock are seen running through an open terrain before jumping off a cliff.
Suddenly the dramatic scenes turn into a more serious tone as a voice-over is heard saying, "You think you're safe? You are not!", along with a scene showing Benedict Cumberbatch's villain being locked in a holding cell. The rest of the trailer is jam-packed with new stunning action scenes and it's closed with someone saying, "Is there anything you would not do for your family?"
Once again, the trailer has yet to give a hint at the identity of Cumberbatch's much-speculated-about villainous character. Though it is now known that the figure will be called John Harrison, some fans still believe that the name is just an alias of another master villain.
The "Sherlock" actor himself recently said to MTV that his character's "a terrorist; he operates as a terrorist." He added that Harrison "has an interesting relationship with Kirk, and with Spock in a way. He very much plays them off against each other. There's an element of shadow to him and Kirk."
The "Star Trek" sequel will arrive in cinemas Stateside on May 17, 2013. It will follow the time when the crew of the Enterprise is called back home and they find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As the heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March