Mike Posner Unveils New Song 'Heaven' for Sandy Hook Shooting Victims
Singer and songwriter Mike Posner has unveiled a new touching song titled "Heaven". He especially dedicated it to the 20 children and 6 adults who were killed on December 14 at the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Conneticut. In the inspiring track, the Detroit singer and record producer sends out his love and thoughts to the victims and tries to remind everyone to remain positive amidst the tragedy.
In his heartfelt dedication for the families of Friday's shooting incident, the "Cooler Than Me" hitmaker said that the song was his way of doing something for the victims by using his gift of music and songwriting. The singer, who also penned the single "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber, said, "I wanted to do SOMETHING for the victims' families. I wrote this song because I didn't know what else to do."
In "Heaven", the 24-year-old artist croons his painful and contemplative lyrics saying, "Maybe this will make sense in heaven 'cause right now it don't make sense at all." Posner's words try to focus on the positive things and he highlights the goodness that remains in people. He makes good use of an upbeat, acoustic tune to accompany his hopeful lyrics as well.
Posner added, "Today makes no sense...God has blessed me with this gift and it felt wrong not to share it. The song came out of me faster than any before. I hope this finds its way to the proper ears at the proper time. God Bless you. I'm so grateful to be alive." The song is definitely a timely release that hopefully will bring some sense of comfort for the senseless shooting which took a total of 26 lives, including the lives of young children ages 5-6 years old.
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her