NFL Star Hines Ward Is Alleged Father of a 1-Year-Old Girl
National Football League star Hines Ward is facing some ugly parenthood controversy as a woman is claiming that he fathered her child. According to a report published by TMZ, a woman named Melanie Smith wants the former Pittsburgh Steelers player to admit that he is the biological father of her 1-year-old daughter. Ward has denied the accusation, which prompted Smith to file a lawsuit this month in her hometown, Georgia.
More details about Smith's claim revealed that she wanted the 36-year-old football star to assume his responsibilities over his daughter. Smith wants Ward to dish out the necessary cash for child support and admit that he is indeed the real father of the child. Ward, who already has one other child, Jaden, with his ex-wife Simone, has said that he is not the father of the kid. This statement apparently pushed Smith to file the lawsuit where she also demanded that Ward take a DNA blood test to clear the paternity claim.
There has been no word yet whether a judge has ordered the testing or if there has been any ruling on the case. One thing for sure is that the neglected mom wants some recognition for her child from the NFL player and financial help for the expenses incurred in bringing up the little girl. Ward's camp has also been silent on the issue and has yet to release a statement about the lawsuit or if he will agree to take the DNA test.
Hines Ward played for 14 years for the Pittsburgh Steelers and has numerous accomplishments in his football career. He was drafted during the third round of the 1998 NFL draft and became the Steelers' all-time leader in receptions since then. He was also the MVP of Super Bowl XL, and when he retired, he was one of only eight NFL players to have 1,000 or more career receptions.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene