Miley Cyrus Performs at VH1 Divas 2012, Jordin Sparks Leads Tribute to Whitney Houston
Sporting a platinum blonde hairdo and wearing a skintight long-sleeved ensemble that revealed her toned abs, Miley Cyrus rocked the 2012 VH1 Divas stage from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles with her rendition of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell". After an introduction by "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes, Cyrus sang on the edge of the stage under a spotlight, before she dived backwards onto the audience and did some crowd-surfing.
In another highlight of the show, Jordin Sparks, Melanie Fiona and Ledisi performed Whitney Houston's greatest dance hits in honor of the late diva, who was found dead in a hotel room in February of this year. R'n'B artist Brandy kicked-off the special tribute by recalling how much she admired the legendary singer and that she once shared the VH1 Divas stage with her.
"American Idol" alum Sparks started off the performances with "I'm Every Woman" from "The Bodyguard" movie soundtrack. Award-winning recording artist Melanie Fiona then sang from the aisles Houston's early career hit, "I Wanna Dance with Somebody", and later delivered "It's Not Right But It's Okay". The tribute was finally closed with a stunning performance of "How Will I Know" by soul singer Ledisi.
Besides Houston, disco queen Donna Summer was also honored during the two-hour special hosted by "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert. Kelly Rowland, Keri Hilson and Lambert performed for the tribute to the five-time Grammy award-winning Summer.
Miley Cyrus' performance at VH1 Divas 2012:
VH1 Divas 2012 Tribute to Whitney Houston:
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?