Shania Twain Brings Rodeo Theme to Her 'Shania: Still the One' Concert in Las Vegas
Fans of Shania Twain trooped to the Caesars Palace Colloseum this week to see the Canadian singer-songwriter in her "Shania: Still the One" concert, after eight years of being out of the spotlight. The 47-year-old singer had not performed onstage until early this month, as she went on vocal rehab after contracting the medical condition dysphonia, and it was apparent how much the crowd missed her as she was welcomed with a standing ovation.
Twain sang her hits throughout the almost 100-minute show, which featured her in a sequined bodysuit, as she kicked-off her concert with "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" while riding a flying motorcycle shaped like a horse. Aside from this, the horse-theme re-entered when two live horses, one black and one white, trotted onstage during her songs "Ain't No Quitter" and "You're Still the One."
The country pop diva seemed happy to be back on stage and interacted with the audience a lot, as she revealed a more personal side, sharing a duet with sister, Carrie Ann, and opening up to her audience about her past and the tough times she had to overcome. "We were the hicks from the sticks," she disclosed. "We really didn't have much."
The Queen of Country Pop also paid tribute to her mother, who died in a fatal car accident with Twain's stepfather when she was only 22 years old. "I talk about my mother a lot because I miss her," the singer said. "She passed away a long time ago and she never got to see any of my success... I wouldn't have made it onstage without her. So it's kind of sad she couldn't see it."
Twain has committed to doing 120 shows at the Colloseum over the next two years and hopes to record a new CD in the near future.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'