Shania Twain Brings Rodeo Theme to Her 'Shania: Still the One' Concert in Las Vegas
Fans of Shania Twain trooped to the Caesars Palace Colloseum this week to see the Canadian singer-songwriter in her "Shania: Still the One" concert, after eight years of being out of the spotlight. The 47-year-old singer had not performed onstage until early this month, as she went on vocal rehab after contracting the medical condition dysphonia, and it was apparent how much the crowd missed her as she was welcomed with a standing ovation.
Twain sang her hits throughout the almost 100-minute show, which featured her in a sequined bodysuit, as she kicked-off her concert with "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" while riding a flying motorcycle shaped like a horse. Aside from this, the horse-theme re-entered when two live horses, one black and one white, trotted onstage during her songs "Ain't No Quitter" and "You're Still the One."
The country pop diva seemed happy to be back on stage and interacted with the audience a lot, as she revealed a more personal side, sharing a duet with sister, Carrie Ann, and opening up to her audience about her past and the tough times she had to overcome. "We were the hicks from the sticks," she disclosed. "We really didn't have much."
The Queen of Country Pop also paid tribute to her mother, who died in a fatal car accident with Twain's stepfather when she was only 22 years old. "I talk about my mother a lot because I miss her," the singer said. "She passed away a long time ago and she never got to see any of my success... I wouldn't have made it onstage without her. So it's kind of sad she couldn't see it."
Twain has committed to doing 120 shows at the Colloseum over the next two years and hopes to record a new CD in the near future.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos