Miley Cyrus Goes Revealing, Demi Lovato Keeps It Conservative at VH1 Divas Purple Carpet
Plenty of gorgeous songstresses went high-fashion as they stepped on the purple carpet of the 2012 VH1 Divas on Sunday night, December 16. Stealing the show at the music event taking place at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles were former Disney darlings Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato. The two opted to go with all-black numbers but in very different styles.
As always, Miley looked outstanding with her edgy look. For the night, she donned a skintight long-sleeved midi dress with cutout details on one side that revealed much of her skin. The "Can't Be Tamed" singer, who's slated to sing "Rebel Yell" for the show, teamed her sexy Omo by Norma Kamali dress with matching Jean Michel Cazabat shoes, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
While Miley sported daring look, Demi preferred to keep it simple in a conservative mini dress. The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress chose a vintage long-sleeved dress with see-through details on the upper part. She paired the black frock with matching pumps while adorning her dark brown hair a simple bandana.
Other stars glamming up on the purple carpet were Ciara who oozed her inner goddess in a Paule Ka sequined tailed dress, Kelly Osbourne who rocked a white mini dress to match her purple hair, Kelly Rowland who showed off her leg in a green flowing gown, and Jordin Sparks who went with a black-and-gold fishtail dress.
Meanwhile, Stacy Keibler, Elisha Cuthbert and Keri Hilson all looked stunning in all-black ensembles. Also grabbing the attention on the purple carpet was Adam Lambert, who served as the host for the star-studded event. He looked super stylish in a furry coat, paired with a brown suit and a patterned shirt. He also rocked patterned shoes to finish off the look.
The VH1 Divas concert and fashion event would celebrate current and classic divas of dance music. Besides the musical performances, the night would also pay tribute to late divas Whitney Houston and Donna Summers for their contributions in the music industry. The two divas were frequent performers in the annual event where they appeared several times before their deaths early this year.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance