Madonna's 'MDNA' Ranks as No. 1 Concert Tour of 2012
Controversial pop icon Madonna has added another feather on her cap by topping this year's list of highest-grossing concert tours. According to Billboard, her world tour brought in the most money this year, reaching an incredible $228 million in revenues, besting rock and roll legend Bruce Springsteen's total of $198 million from his "The Wrecking Ball" tour with The E Street Band.
Madonna handily beat her younger contemporary, the equally-controversial Lady GaGa, who only managed to secure the no. 6 spot with $124 million from her "Born This Way Ball" tour. The notorious Material Girl is consistently in the headlines by making controversial stunts in her shows, like brandishing a gun onstage in Denver only shortly after the Colorado shooting during "The Dark Knight Rises" movie premiere, and handing out pink anti-homophobia wristbands to Russian fans.
With seventy more shows still lined up and potentially $450 million in total earnings, the "MDNA" tour may end-up as the all-time highest-grossing live act. The record is currently held by Irish rock band U2 for their "360 Degrees" tour which grossed a whopping $736 million from a total of 110 shows.
Other top acts in this year's list of highest-grossing tours include established artists Roger Waters with $186 million and Coldplay with $147 million. Teen sensations Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift also made it to the prestigious list, raking in $30 million and $26 million respectively.
More Madonna News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'