Video: Paul McCartney Performs on 'Saturday Night Live'
Rock and roll great Paul McCartney was a musical guest in "Saturday Night Live" holiday episode hosted by comedian Martin Short. Playing behind the piano, the legendary singer-songwriter, accompanied by The Eagles' guitarist Joe Walsh, sang "My Valentine" which was one of the two original compositions from his latest album "Kisses on the Bottom".
In another musical number, McCartney did a repeat of his 12-12-12 Sandy Relief collaboration with grunge band Nirvana, performing "Cut Me Some Slack" with drummer Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Noveselic and second guitarist Pat Smear. They first dished out the track in New York's Madison Square Garden during last week's star-studded, massively-successful benefit concert for the victims of hurricane Sandy.
The musical-comedy show also featured McCartney in a short comic sketch with the episode's host, before presenting his special rendition of "Wonderful Christmastime" with the New York City Children's Chorus. The choral group opened the show with "Silent Night", as a tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting tragedy that happened Friday, December 14, in Newtown, Connecticut.
The 70-year-old McCartney gained worldwide fame as a member of The Beatles. He headlined the recent 12-12-12 Sandy Relief mega-concert together with other big names in the entertainment industry. The show has already raised $30 million to-date. McCartney has an extensive catalogue of songs from his stellar career with The Beatles, The Wings, and from his own solo musical career.
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean