'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Casting Calls Allegedly Hint at Character's Death
A significant scene in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has allegedly been unveiled. Bleeding Cool has received casting calls for the Marc Webb-directed Marvel movie, containing spoilerish tidbits about what scene the filmmakers would feature in the sequel to "The Amazing Spider-Man" and when the project would likely kick off shooting.
It seems that [SPOILER ALERT!] an important character is going to bite the dust in the upcoming film since the filmmakers are currently looking for mourners at a funeral and a priest who will conduct the ceremony. There is no further clue on who is the character that will meet his/her demise.
"Men & Women, 18-70 age range, to portray Friends & Family Mourning at a Funeral/ Wake," so stated the "London Calling" casting calls. "The scene is scheduled to film February 14th, 2013. This is very featured & I will be submitting photos to the Director."
Also in the casting calls, it was stated, "Caucasian Man, 50s-60s age range, to portray a Priest at a Funeral. The scene is scheduled to film July 1st, 2013. This is very featured & I will be submitting photos to the Director." Learning from the information given, it seems that half of the funeral scene might be shot in February, while the rest is in July.
The movie is also looking for people to play scientists, engineers and technicians. "Men & Women, 20s-60s age range, all ethnicities to portray a Core Group of Scientists, Technicians, Engineers, etc. This will be multiple days work between March & July. No exact dates yet & we will be rotating people. We will be submitting photos to the Director," so it said.
Speaking of funeral, the scene is frequently featured in Spidey films this past decade. In Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man", Norman Osborn was buried after being killed during a battle with the masked vigilante. In "Spider-Man 3", it was his son Harry who had his own funeral. Most recently, Webb's "Amazing Spider-Man" saw a funeral for Gwen Stacy's father Captain George.
The upcoming sequel will be released Stateside on May 2, 2014. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy respectively, while Shailene Woodley and Dane DeHaan have just been cast as Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn respectively. Additionally, Martin Sheen confirmed that he would reprise his role as Uncle Ben though the character met his demise in the first film.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?