Video: Lady GaGa Joins The Rolling Stones in 'Gimme Shelter'
Lady GaGa assisted Mick Jagger in The Rolling Stones' performance of "Gimme Shelter". The concert that took place Saturday, December 15 night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was the last date in the rock band's 50th Anniversary Tour.
Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood began with the guitars, followed by Jagger's solo. A minute and a half later, GaGa appeared on stage in massive heels and joined Jagger in the electrified performance. GaGa, who was wearing a black and white cat suit, danced with her hands in the air while Richards did his guitar solo.
On previous dates, Jagger has collaborated on "Gimme Shelter" with other guest artists such as Mary J. Blige, Florence Welch and the band's own backing vocalist Lisa Fischer. While rehearsing with the band earlier this month, GaGa announced, "I am so honored and excited to announce I will be performing with @rollingstones on Dec15 for their 50th Anniversary Concert One More Shot. He had me at, 'Hello, it's Mick'."
GaGa was not the only featured artist at the final date. Bruce Springsteen and The Black Keys also made a duet with Jagger on "Tumbling Dice" and Bo Diddley cover of "Who Do You Love?" respectively. Unannounced guests, John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. later made a surprise appearance for "I'm Going Down".
Celebrities spotted among the audience in floor seats were Whoopi Goldberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, Christy Turlington and Ed Burns among others.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?