Video: Lady GaGa Joins The Rolling Stones in 'Gimme Shelter'
Lady GaGa assisted Mick Jagger in The Rolling Stones' performance of "Gimme Shelter". The concert that took place Saturday, December 15 night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was the last date in the rock band's 50th Anniversary Tour.
Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood began with the guitars, followed by Jagger's solo. A minute and a half later, GaGa appeared on stage in massive heels and joined Jagger in the electrified performance. GaGa, who was wearing a black and white cat suit, danced with her hands in the air while Richards did his guitar solo.
On previous dates, Jagger has collaborated on "Gimme Shelter" with other guest artists such as Mary J. Blige, Florence Welch and the band's own backing vocalist Lisa Fischer. While rehearsing with the band earlier this month, GaGa announced, "I am so honored and excited to announce I will be performing with @rollingstones on Dec15 for their 50th Anniversary Concert One More Shot. He had me at, 'Hello, it's Mick'."
GaGa was not the only featured artist at the final date. Bruce Springsteen and The Black Keys also made a duet with Jagger on "Tumbling Dice" and Bo Diddley cover of "Who Do You Love?" respectively. Unannounced guests, John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. later made a surprise appearance for "I'm Going Down".
Celebrities spotted among the audience in floor seats were Whoopi Goldberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, Christy Turlington and Ed Burns among others.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'