Video: Lady GaGa Joins The Rolling Stones in 'Gimme Shelter'
Lady GaGa assisted Mick Jagger in The Rolling Stones' performance of "Gimme Shelter". The concert that took place Saturday, December 15 night at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, was the last date in the rock band's 50th Anniversary Tour.
Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood began with the guitars, followed by Jagger's solo. A minute and a half later, GaGa appeared on stage in massive heels and joined Jagger in the electrified performance. GaGa, who was wearing a black and white cat suit, danced with her hands in the air while Richards did his guitar solo.
On previous dates, Jagger has collaborated on "Gimme Shelter" with other guest artists such as Mary J. Blige, Florence Welch and the band's own backing vocalist Lisa Fischer. While rehearsing with the band earlier this month, GaGa announced, "I am so honored and excited to announce I will be performing with @rollingstones on Dec15 for their 50th Anniversary Concert One More Shot. He had me at, 'Hello, it's Mick'."
GaGa was not the only featured artist at the final date. Bruce Springsteen and The Black Keys also made a duet with Jagger on "Tumbling Dice" and Bo Diddley cover of "Who Do You Love?" respectively. Unannounced guests, John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. later made a surprise appearance for "I'm Going Down".
Celebrities spotted among the audience in floor seats were Whoopi Goldberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, Christy Turlington and Ed Burns among others.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo