School Shooting Postpones 'Parental Guidance' Red Carpet Event
Tom Cruise's "Jack Reacher" is not the only premiere canceled in the wake of Friday, December 14 massacre in Connecticut. Bette Midler and Billy Crystal's family comedy movie "Parental Guidance" has also postponed the red carpet event and after party which were supposed to take place Saturday in downtown Los Angeles.
"In light of the horrific tragedy in Newtown, Conn., we are canceling the red carpet press event and the after party for the Parental Guidance premiere, scheduled today in downtown Los Angeles. The hearts of all involved with this film go out to the victims, their families, their community, and our entire nation in mourning," 20th Century Fox said in a statement.
"Parental Guidance", slated to hit the cinemas on December 25, follows an old school grandfather Artie (Crystal), who is accustomed to calling the shots, meeting his match when he and his eager-to-please wife Diane (Midler) agree to babysit their three grandkids when their type-A helicopter parents (Marisa Tomei, Tom Everett Scott) go away for work.
The screening that was essentially for the movie's cast and crew will still take place as scheduled.
Crystal looked forward to the film's release, telling USA Today earlier this week, "They get a smile when they see the poster. I've watched them. They don't see me in the lobby of the movie theater. I was down in Battery Park the other night and there were people stopped in front of our poster. And I heard, 'Oh, I love them'. So here we are."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen