Kelly Clarkson Gets Engaged, Shows Off Huge Diamond Ring
Kelly Clarkson is betrothed to her boyfriend of nearly one year, Brandon Blackstock. "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)," the singer tweeted on Saturday, December 15.
For those who are curious about her engagement ring, Kelly proudly showed it off online. "It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around it and Brandon designed it with Johnathon Arndt! They did an amazing job! I can't wait to make Brandon's ring with Johnathon as well!" she gushed.
Last month, Kelly told Ellen DeGeneres that she could see herself being Mrs. Blackstock. She said, "We love each other. We are totally going to get married one day. No, he has two children and I'm new ... I mean, he's got to put it a ring on it at some point. But I'll wait it out."
Her confident was not without a reason. Since their relationship started almost a year ago, everything went so well that the "American Idol" alum thought it was almost too good to be true. She told Redbook last summer, "I told my assistant that today, I said, 'I'm just waiting for something to blow up.' "
Things continue to get even better for the couple. Although the "Miss Independent" hitmaker is supporting President Barack Obama and the talent manager is rooting for Mitt Romney, the twosome manages to respect each other's political views.
"We watched one [together]; it was pretty funny," the 30-year-old singer recalled when they watched a presidential debate together. "We'd go back and forth. It's just funny, because usually couples like us would vote for the same person, but we're totally canceling each other out."
Clarkson's sweet sweet romance with Brandon, who is the son of her own manager Narvel Blackstock and the stepson of country star Reba McEntire, has also affected her songwriting as she once told PEOPLE, "I'm trying to write a tough song and it is coming out like butterflies and rainbows."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?